An experienced Morgantown WV accounting firm with knowledge and resources to address complex business issues.
Our attest and accounting practice, serviced through our affiliate, Beerman, Piper & Associates, LLC, provides traditional services such as compilations, reviews, audits, and preparation of financial statements; however, our team of experienced professionals also provides much more.
We are eager to learn more about your business and is only satisfied when we have truly helped improve your business. We take a business person’s approach to providing services.
Award-Winning Accounting Firm’s Audit and Accounting Services include:
- Cost-effective audits and high-value recommendations
- Reviews, compilations, and preparation of financial statements
- Cash flow projections
- Internal control evaluation
- Profit planning and budgeting
- Assistance with establishing and maintaining banking relationships
- Coordination of personal and business financial affairs
- Year-end planning
- Due Diligence for Mergers & Acquisitions
We have the knowledge and resources to address the complex and important issues that arise in operating your business.
Our professionals have significant industry expertise in various types of businesses, including technology, manufacturing, natural resources, medical practices, professional service firms, and minority-owned businesses. We work very closely with our clients on a variety of matters. Our team approach and industry expertise provide our clients with access to an experienced team that is truly committed to the success of your organization.
- Advising of changes in financial reporting requirements, and more importantly, providing a thorough understanding of the impact of new accounting and reporting requirements on financial statements.
- Providing meaningful and practical recommendations for improvements on internal control procedures and policies.
- Tailoring specific attestation engagements (e.g., performance of agreed-upon procedures) to specific situations and transactions that need close monitoring.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing computer systems and accounting software.
- Review financing alternatives including lines of credit, term loans, private placements, etc.
- Conducting financial statement audits for pension and profit sharing plans.
- Analyzing financial statements and making comparisons to other organizations within the same industry.
Internal Audit Services
- Communicating the idea that control and adding value to the company is everyone’s job
- Helping adopt a continuous improvement culture across the organization
- Assisting management at all levels with continuous risk assessment
- Building controls into processes, not adding them on
- Utilizing new technology to mechanize certain portions of the control process
- Eliminating redundant or excessive control processes
- Being consultative business partners with operating management
- Implementing a risk-focused audit approach to maximize effectiveness and minimize control costs
- Utilizing a “multi-disciplinary” approach, i.e., for projects co-developed with management
- Selecting an appropriately experienced team from among our resources
- Responding quickly to your requests and diverse needs in a timely fashion
Due Diligence, Merger & Acquisition Services
- Due diligence analysis
- Conducting audits and evaluating assets of acquired companies
- Performing other due diligence in connection with acquisitions
- Advising on proper accounting methods and adjustments
- Reviewing and advising on acquisition agreements
- Creating pro forma financial statements for combined entities
- Coordinating the complex nature of combining accounting and administrative support
- Advising on tax planning opportunities
- Consulting on business valuation and purchase price
- Working with attorneys, bankers and venture capitalists
The due diligence process should be comprehensive. It is in both the buyer’s and seller’s best interest to complete due diligence in order to avoid disputes later. If you are thinking of acquiring a private company, make sure your decision is based on thorough due diligence, realistic financial projections, focused post-acquisition business and integration plans and sound valuation analysis.
We have a proven record of helping companies through a project-specific approach.
Project teams are staffed with well-qualified professionals who have the appropriate backgrounds to bring realistic solutions to your company’s management team.
Our analysis of business processes allows organizations to save time and money. We believe in the total service concept, and therefore, consider continuous business consultation as an adjunct to our internal audit / due diligence engagement. If you are considering special project audit outsourcing, our internal audit team will ensure that the appropriate resources are aligned with your organization’s needs at the appropriate points in each project at the appropriate time. Right people, right place, right time are the tenets of our service model.
Let Us Help
We can help you achieve your business goals. Call 304-241-6300 to schedule a Free Consultation or click the button below.